How to use or facilitate:
- Print out the provided worksheet, handing that and a writing utensil to each participant.
- Pre-solve the maze yourself before facilitating – it’s important!
- Give the group 1 minute to solve the puzzle.
- Ask the group – did anyone complete it? Have them share and give them a round of applause. If nobody solved it, you can absolve any doubt by showing them you completed it yourself.
- Reveal the takeaway! Information Architecture can be an impossible maze if we don’t take our time to make it as intuitive as possible.
Information Architecture is often confused with its cousin, User Experience, if it’s understood at all. Much like the way we navigate in the physical world, being able to quickly and effectively navigate any experience from landing page to their intended exit (be it a conversion, a sale, a signup, etc..) is mission-critical.